Pumpkin & Chicken Wet Pour Overs by the Honest Kitchen
Coming to you this month is a pawsome pet product that I loved receiving for review. Now, if you've been following me for a minute you know that my dogs are senior pups, are missing some teeth and have been at risk for pancreatitis. I always like to monitor their food and check for the protein and fat content. Not only does this pour over smell and taste great (per the dogs) it is low calorie and healthy! Per serving it has 64 calories and is made up of Chicken Bone Broth, Chicken, Pumpkin, Apples, Butternut Squash, Tapioca, Potato, Cinnamon, Ginger.
Each of these ingredients provides a beneficial boost for your pup.
- chicken bone broth - protects the joints, is good for the belly and digestion, and keeps a coat and nails shiny and strong.
- chicken - rich in protein and essential for muscle growth
- pumpkin - high in vitamin a and antioxidants, contains lutein which protects eyesight
- apples - rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber and vitamins A & C.
- butternut squash - rich in vitamin A & C, fiber, and potassium. These vitamins and minerals support the health of your dog's vision, immune system, colon, muscles, and more. Butternut squash also helps your dog's digestion system.
- tapioca - provide some B vitamins iron and essential fatty acids
- potato - contain vitamin A, C & B6, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- cinnamon - regulates blood sugar
- ginger - Ginger is high in antioxidants, making it great in the fight against heart disease and arthritis as it is a natural anti-inflammatory. A dog suffering from inflamed joints could gain some relief from taking ginger.
Bebe and Jolie really enjoyed this pour over in their food and I was quite the happy fur mom knowing that it was jam-packed with yummy goodies for my senior pups. I especially like that this product is human grade and contains no corn, no wheat, no soy, is GMO-Free, Grain-Free, and Gluten free. You can head on over to Chewy.com where they have a ton of flavors! As you can see from the photos below, this was a hit with my pups. This also makes for a perfect on the go snack when traveling with your pup. If you have toothless senior dogs that are #hairnotsoscary, you can wipe their little whiskers and mustaches after eating this with a baby wipe. Or don't wipe at all and let your fur kiddos kiss you with some human grade pumpkin deliciousness!
I received these goodies free of charge from Chewy.com in an exchange for my honest review.